19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1) You. 
My name is Cristian Bernal. I define myself to be a very determined individual with a knack for being fully submerged in whatever I dive into. I have talents in social and creative fields. I can make friends easily, and make people around me comfortable. I have an eye for framing, composition, movement, color, emotion in photography and cinematography.  My skills come from my love of cinematography - They lie in technical aspects such as operating a camera or editing on a computer, but also managing people on set. My experiences are far and wide, the most stand out ones come from traveling, and from people who live controversial lifestyles. My aspirations are to grow multiple streams of revenue, in which every revenue stream is something I am either passionate in or believe in. By having a business that deals with protecting the environment, along with animals, I can see me getting very emotionally invested in it. However, I wouldn't see it playing a day to day role in my life since I would hire good management to take care of it all once its up and going. 
2) What are you offering to customers? 
The products are wallets, belts, and purses made from a leather alternative that is made from pineapples and mushrooms (individually). This solves the ethical problem that traditional leather comes from the skin of animals. An animal had to be killed for it to be made, and the environment also suffers greatly (through the keeping of cattle, and the chemical process of "tanning" the skin to turn it into leather). 
3) Who are you offering it to? 
Our products are for those who are environmentally conscious with empathy for all beings. Many people won't have the ethical problem our product solves, and that is ok, we can try to educate, but leather in fashion is engrained into some cultures, and it's ok if they don't believe in alternatives.
Our demographics are going to range on people age 18-35, we are going to target both men and women with all sexual orientations. Average annual income for our target market is going to be 65K+. We are going to target cities with leaning liberal beliefs since that is where we think we will have the most compassionate people - South Florida, LA, NYC, Atlanta, Austin, DC..etc. 
The psychographics is going to be the real commonality our target market has. To begin, our target market will have a more compassionate end empathetic personality and character. Their values are going to be aligned with the companies mission to protect the environment while saving animals lives. Their attitudes are going to vary in small aspects, but overall they are going to be positive and have a hopeful outlook for the future. Their interest can vary depending on who they are, but they will all share the same interest to do what they can in reducing their carbon footprint. 
4) Why do they care? 
Our customers will CARE for our product because it is providing them with a solution to an ethical issue. Our customers will LOVE for our product because, in addition to solving an ethical issue, the products themselves are of the highest quality with deliberate design intentions. Our products will not only be environmentally friendly and considerate of all beings but also incredibly fashionable. Imagine the Gucci of environmentally friendly products.
5) What are your core competencies? 
What sets us apart is that we are not only focused on having an environmentally focused product, but also one that is "cool" among the mainstream. We plan on having partnerships with artist and big influencers. One of those partnerships is PETA, this will allow us to expand our audience with their help on education


Feedback memo:

The feedback given to me from the first assignment was that partnerships would be essential, and that having the brand have a "cool" essence was important for it to step outside of the vegan community. 

Comments

  1. I like that you listened to your feedback about having partnerships and then incorporated that into your core competencies. I also incorporated my feedback by putting more information about how people paying cash could use my app to benefit them. I agree that your customers will care because the people in your demographic are environmentally conscious. I tried to target people that also would best benefit from my app, so people live busy lives and that want to save time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristian,
    A partnership with PETA would go really well with your product. I think with your personal people skills, you'd be able to strike up a deal easily. Being passionate about what you stand for too will resonate with your users because it brands you as authentic and compassionate. The only thing I worry about with your product is the durability of pineapple and mushroom leather compared to cow leather. But if you could work that out, I'm sure it would be much easier and cheaper to grow some food than to raise cattle and you could pass on those cost cuts to your customers. Price could be your competitive advantage.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cristian!
    It was good to see that you listened to the feedback! Your idea napkin is so much more detailed this time around, and I see that you've included aspects even from exercises outside of the original Idea Napkin. Partnerships could take a business idea like yours to a whole other level. PETA would be a great partnership for this! The only thing I would worry about is the durability of the alternative materials you are using to make the belts and other accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A17 Elevator Pitch Practice! (Part 2!)

10A – Elevator Pitch No. 1